Terms & Conditions
Most vehicles and parts of vehicles sold from this establishment are auto salvage, are second-hand and are sold as such. Whilst we wish to give good value to our customers we cannot guarantee each part to be absolutely perfect and this is reflected in our prices when they are compared to brand new items.
We will always try to supply the exact part that our customers require. Due to variation in make, model, design and years of manufacture, we cannot give any guarantee that any parts are correct for the purpose required. It will help if customers can bring a sample part for comparison, but all sales are made on the strict understanding that the customer is responsible for making sure that the parts bought are for the purpose required. In the event that a part purchased is not correct for the particular vehicle, we will attempt to replace the part with the correct one if returned or we are notified within 72 hours.
Any claim by the purchaser which is based on any defect in the quality or condition of the part shall be notified to Overton Garage Limited within 7 days from the date of delivery or (where the defect was not apparent on a reasonable inspection) within a reasonable time after discovery of the defect or failure. If the purchaser does not notify Overton Garage Limited accordingly, the purchaser shall not be entitled to reject the part and Overton Garage Limited shall have no liability for such defect or failure. Any part which is found to be faulty or unserviceable (unless the fault was declared on purchase) will be repaired, exchanged or money refunded according to circumstances if notification is made accordingly and unless the part was sold under special terms evidenced in writing and assuming the part has not been subject to misuse, modification, alteration or substitution.
Overton Garage Limited accept no responsibility for damage caused to the said part or impaired performance caused by faulty or inefficient installation or subsequent damage caused by lack of maintenance. Bearing in mind that all parts are auto salvage and the price is substantially less than new, we do not hold ourselves responsible if any vehicle is off the road whilst a part is being brought back for exchange.
- All goods shall remain the property of Overton Garage Limited until the full purchase price thereof has been paid.
- Customers returning parts not required will be charged a 20% handling charge. Unwanted Parts must be returned within 14 calendar days from the date of invoice. We will not refund or accept return of unwanted parts after the 14 day grace period, unless the item is faulty.
- No refund without proof of purchase.
- These terms of business are not intended to restrict or exclude any legal rights bestowed or implied by law.
- If any provision of these Conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, the validity of the other provisions of these Conditions and the reminder of the provision in question shall not be affected.
- Change timing belts, oils and filters on engines, gearboxes and rear axles before fitting, otherwise guarantee void.
- All parts guaranteed 2 months.
- Where parts or vehicles are subject to a deposit, a minimum 20% is required. All deposits are non-returnable, valid for 7 days only unless agreed to the contrary in writing from Overton Garage Ltd.
Sales made expressly upon the conditions:
- Recorded mileage cannot be relied upon as the actual mileage of vehicle.
- That the vehicle is purchased by you in the condition in which it is now and that there shall be no condition or warranty on our part as to its quality or fitness for any purpose whether expressed or implied whether arising at common law by statute or otherwise.
- That full payment for the vehicle be received prior to delivery or collection.
- That you have no right to sell the vehicle to a third party until full payment is received by us.
- If after purchase of any vehicle you repair and sell it for use on a road or elsewhere you will be responsible for ensuring that it is in a thoroughly roadworthy condition.
- Input Tax deduction has not been and will not be claimed by us in respect of the vehicle.
- We cannot guarantee that we can get a registration document for any vehicle. A duplicate may have to be applied for.
For Full Terms and Conditions for Auction Vehicles. Please See Live Auction Vehicles Section.
Overton Garage Limited | (Company number 89322) | Registered office: Off Dyce Drive, Dyce, Aberdeen. AB21 OEQ | VAT number: 297 3766 00 | 01224 722354
Contact Our Team Of Experts
We are here to help and would love to hear from you.